Adventurer's Whip increases the chances of finding rooms with treasure Chests. Such rooms may have any type of Chest spawned in them. If the Adventurer's Hat is also collected the two items will combine into the Golden Idol .
Treasure rooms spawned by Adventurer's Whip follow normal treasure room spawn mechanics and can include the following:
- Cursed Chests, locked Chests, or rock-encrusted Chests.
- Health cost levers to spawn a bridge to reach the chests.
- Puzzles with unlit Torches to spawn a chest, requiring some source of fire to ignite.
- Self-sacrifice spikes to spawn a Chest.
- Adventurer's Hat : Can be combined together into the Golden Idol .
- Miniaturizer : Produces an extra mini chest for every chest found.
- Spirit : With Spirit's level 2 ability, more chests means more potions.
- Metamfiezomaiophobia : Extra chests have a high chance of being Mimics.
- Removing the curse will not revert Mimics back into normal chests for that floor.
Adventurer's Whip is most likely a reference to the bullwhip made famous by the film character Indiana Jones.
The description, which says that the whip "hits enemies behind you as often as it does in front" is a reference to the whip from Spelunky. The iconic weapon of the franchise is known for having a "backswing" hitbox that extends diagonally behind the player character.
|Version||Additions and Changes|
|0.0.0||Added Adventurer's Whip.|
|Changed rarity from Common to Rare.|
|0.2.1||Treasure rooms spawned from Adventurer’s Whip no longer spawn off of secret rooms.|
|0.3.0||This item is no longer available for purchase at the pilfer shop.|